Friday, May 16, 2008
Missing Microsoft Robotics Development Studio Templates in Visual Studio 2008
After I installed Visual Studio Team System 2008 and the April CTP of the Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio, the Robotics project templates were missing from the Visual Studio 2008 project templates list.
After a bit of digging around I finally solved the issue. These are the steps I took to resolve it:
- Exit Visual Studio 2008.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\CSharp and create a folder called 'robotics'.
- In the folder 'robotics', create another folder named '1033'.
- Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 2008\tools\Templates\CSharp and copy the three zipfiles CS_Hosting_2.0.730.3.zip, CS_Implement_2.0.730.3.zip and CS_Simple_2.0.730.3.zip to the folder '1033' you've just created.
- Start Visual Studio 2008 and take a look to see if the three project templates are listed under 'robotics'.
- If not, exit Visual Studio 2008, open the Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt and execute the following: devenv.exe /setup.
Hopefully this helps someone.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]